Thursday, 18 July 2013

Chapter 12

Over the next 5 years MJ stayed in touch with Dannie. One day MJ was down in Queensland visiting Dannie and her family. They were chatting away catching up on gossip. As they were talking, 2 people showed up. They knew who they were. 

MJ said "What are you both doing here?" Kim (Annabelle and Dannie's Mum) said "We came here to talk." Dannie said "So you could tear the family apart again?" Matt (Annabelle and Dannie's dad) said "No that's not what we want to do." Dannie said "Sure you have a funny way of showing it." Matt said "It's the truth." 

MJ said "I'm not the one to speak here but I'll just say, why do you want to talk now?" Kim said "We want to make things right." Dannie said "It's a bit late for that don't you think?" 

Kim said "No it's not, what if I leave this earth? what if Dad leaves this earth? are you going to carry that anger forever? are you going to shut us out before it's too late?" Annabelle said "Maybe, as you put all of us through this so why fix it when it's broken?" 

Kim said "Which is why I want Sammie and the rest of the family back in our lives. Dad or I can't live without you all." Dannie said "So you expect us to say oh hey it's alright let's forget it. No! how can I forget  about it.?" Matt said "We understand that." 

Dannie said "So why do what you did? Do you think it was fair on Sammie to not have  her real mother in her life? Do you think it was fair on Annabelle or Adrian?" Kim said "No it wasn't fair at all." Dannie said "Why did you do it then?"

 Kim said "Because I was afraid." Dannie said "Afraid of what?" Kim said "Of you making that same mistake I did." Dannie said "What same mistake? What did you do?" Kim said "You and Annabelle have a brother. I was 14 when I was forced to give him up for adoption, my mother said I was too young." Dannie said "I have a brother? Whats his name?" 

Kim said "His name is Luke, he's 4 years older than Annabelle." Annabelle said "So where is he now?" Kim said "We reunited with him 2 years ago, he is living in Victoria with his own family, we both realized how important family is." 

Dannie said "Ok but that is still no excuse what you did to me or Annabelle. Why give Sammie to Annabelle. you could have done it different, help me instead of kicking me out." Matt said "That was wrong of us to do that we realized that now." 

Annabelle said "So what do you want us to do then?" Kim said "Maybe forgive and forget." Dannie said "I don't know if I can do that." Kim said "Please, Matt and I miss Sammie, we miss you and Annabelle." Dannie looked at MJ. 

MJ said "I can't say forgive them or force them to forgive. But I do understand family is important, but whats also important is love. I don't want want you all to carry this anger you have for each other to your grave. But it's really up to you. I'm here no matter what happens." 

Annabelle said "MJ is right we can't stay angry forever. But it does take time to get over this." Kim said "But it also takes time to get over the lose of someone  in your life. Please girls don't shut us out forever." 

Dannie said "If you want us back in your life then you must understand we are family no matter what." Kim said "Of course." Sammie said "I am fine with having my Grandparents again." They all hugged. Dannie said "Adrian and I have some news." 

Kim said "What kinda news." Dannie said "Adrian and I are expecting another baby." They all hugged and congratulated them. 9 months later Dannie gave birth to a baby boy and named him after her best friend Michael. MJ though that was sweet. 

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment